The Art of Personal Style
Wondering how to stand out from the crowd this fall/winter? Of course, it helps to be Hollywood handsome or powerfully rich. But even if you’re not, try these few tips; Buy the best quality clothing you can afford, then have it tailored for a precise fit. Make it your own with unique accessories like a vintage watch or a cashmere scarf. Dress better than you have to. Know the rules so you can bend them. Perfect the art of imperfection.
For inspiration, here’s our list of the top ten celebrity style icons:
- Gianni Agnelli: Considered one of the five best-dressed men in the history of the world, Agnelli’s power look was based on expensive classic suits and quirky accessories. Famous for wearing his watch over his shirt cuff, this wealthy Fiat exec was a true fashion icon.
- Jeff Goldblum: This extraordinary actor is known for his unmatched suits, leather jackets and distinctive eyewear.
- Harry Styles: He’s feeling Gucci! Former One Direction heartthrob Harry Styles is famous for his statement jewelry, floral bags, pastel painted nails and gender-fluid accessories.
- Donald Glover, aka Childish Gambino: From monochromatic looks to creative prints to his purple suit at the Grammy Awards and brown velvet one at the Golden Globes, it all works for this rad rapper.
- George Clooney in Armani: Nobody makes an Italian suit look quite as good as Clooney does.
- Rami Malek: He’s his own Bohemian Rhapsody in avant-garde attire with unique details. But who didn’t love the actor’s classic Oscar-winning three-piece tux?
- Gianluca Isaia: One of Italy’s top designers, Isaia exudes sprezzatura—the art of uncontrived elegance. He knows that soft, hand-tailored sportcoats worn with casual trousers and colorful eyewear are always a standout.
- Tom Brady: Love or hate this New England Patriot superstar, Brady always looks fabulous. Check out his Met Gala ruby velvet suit worn with an enviable accessory: a pink-pleated Gisele Bundchen.
- Michael B. Jordan: Okay, maybe the Louis Vuitton printed harness Jordan wore to the SAG awards was a bit much. But this guy is personal style personified.
- Timothee Chalamet: Beautiful Boy, whatever he wears…